Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Baden Powell



Here are a couple of photos of one of my favorite hiking spots in North Vancouver. It is a short drive (5 mins) from our house. If you are not into hiking then this is not for you. It starts out going straight up the side of a mountain but then levels out. There are a lot of stairs to climb as well and gives an overall great workout. I think it is absolutely beautiful. It takes about 25 mins to get to "the rock" (going at a good pace) which over looks Deep Cove, and in the distance you can even see Coquitlam. It is amazing and every time I go up there I remember how truly thankful I am to live in such a beautiful place. If you ever get to North Van, remember to hike the Baden Powell. If you are really adventurous and want to camp along the way this hike goes from Deep Cove to Horseshoe Bay (approx 12-14 hr hike). Probably won't be done in my near future, but I would love to attempt it one day.



P.S. The first pic is the start of the trail and the last pic is of the rock and the great view. The pics do not show off the true beauty this trail possesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home